When we build a boat, we have broader goals than most yards: our attention to safety is more extensive than the rules prescribe.
We want each Dondra catamaran to be as light, strong and safe as possible.
- Therefore we build with detailed attention to every phase, and do not make concessions to build faster.
- As one of the pioneers of vacuum infusion we use it with the original aim: building better, not building faster.
- The electrical system is double, clear and simple.
° All wires numbered so you know what is what
° We use a larger wire diameter, which is safer.
° Only tinned stranded wire, what should be always be used on a seagoing boat
° We use mosly heat schrinked connections, because they are watertight
- Full automatic bilge pumps because sensors can fail to work.
- Safety belts under the boat between the hulls, in case what we hope will never happen: the catamaran that turns upside down.
- Safety belts against the cabin and not on the outside of the passage way. That way you cannot fall overboard and have to climb back into the boat, which is not always so easy
- Safety escape windows with 6 locks
- Propeller with cutter which cuts the cable or rope which came in the water
In the building of the boat we have attention to a lot of little and big details which help to keep you safe. Somethimes the sea is not friendly an accident is always possible.